Monday, June 21, 2010

Does anybody know if I have to pay customs duty when I send my books (about 10 pieces) to Canada with cargo?

I'd call Customs and ask. Last time I checked books were exempt from Customs and Duty.Does anybody know if I have to pay customs duty when I send my books (about 10 pieces) to Canada with cargo?
You might, depending on what you put on the declaration form for value. When you ship anything to Canada you have to fill out a form stating the value of the items you are sending, usually anyone sending items under 50.00 there is no charge. Mark on your slip second hand school books, value 50.00 and you won't get a duty bill. Does anybody know if I have to pay customs duty when I send my books (about 10 pieces) to Canada with cargo?
no customs duty is payable on books - as these are personal effects (unless u want to sell these)





AM

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
credot siosse